Recent General Posts
COVID 19 Disinfecting
Disinfecting a Work Site
One of the most important things to all of us at SERVPRO of Chino / Chino Hills is safety and education. We have taken many precautionary measures, including:
- Any tools or equipment we bring on to your property will be disinfected.
- All of our employees are required to wear PPE any time they are interacting with potentially infected materials or areas.
- Safety training has been provided to all employees.
- All employees are required to know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 infection.
- SERVPRO requires all employees to abide by health and safety guidelines set forth by the CDC.
We take the risk of infection to elderly people, family members, children, and co-workers very seriously. While there is no way to completely guarantee the virus will not make its way on to your property at some point, rest assured that SERVPRO of Chino / Chino Hills has taken every precaution possible to avoid cross contamination.
Whether it is a water loss, fire damage, or a cleaning request, please know that SERVPRO of Chino / Chino Hills is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
A white water heater inside a closet
A life without hot water is a difficult life, indeed. Water heaters are a wonderful feat of modern design but unfortunately, nothing good lasts forever. The average lifespan of a water heater is right around ten years, give or take. When they do start to peter out and prepare for that trip to the Great Garage / Heater Closet in the Sky, they give some hints. Here are 5 of the most common:
- Ten years have passed since it was installed
- Rust spots that you can see on the outside of the tank
- Noise from the heater
- Water leaking from the heater
- Water isn't getting hot
Using the serial number, you can easily identify in what month and year your heater was manufactured. The first two numbers in the whole number reflect the month, with the next two, the year. Knowing this valuable information should give you a pretty good idea as to how close it is to meeting its life expectancy.
Rust is known for affecting steel, the material that your heater is more than likely made of. Rust can slowly spread and eat through steel and serves as a warning sign for imminent leaks. If rust starts showing up in your water, it is safe to assume it is not only on the outside, but the inside as well. Time to swap it out.
The older a water heater is, the louder it will become as it tries to heat up. These noises are typically caused from mineral buildup and sediment deposits.
Another major culprit behind leaks is the thousands of heating cycles that a tank undergoes. This causes the interior of the tank to turn brittle. Additionally, fittings and connections may be compromised or loosened due to prolonged temperature and pressure fluctuations. Heating difficulties may be a symptom of a poorly adjusted thermostat or heating element burning out.
The good news is that water heater issues can be addressed and tackled head-on by the technicians at SERVPRO of Chino / Chino Hills. We are here to help 24/7, 365 days a year.
We Are an IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills is an IICRC Certified Firm.
What does that mean?
IICRC stands for The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. In the restoration industry IICRC determines the standards and provides training and certification to restoration companies.
How can you tell if a firm is IICRC certified?
IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
What should I choose an IICRC Certified Firm?
• Firm must present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• A technician who has been formally trained and passed all required tests is required on all jobs.
• Technicians participate in continuing education programs to keep up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Liability insurance, to protect all parties in the event of an accident, is maintained.
• Firm must maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
More about IICRC
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills
As stated, we are an IICRC Certified Firm. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification. If your home experiences fire, smoke or water damage you can rest assured with SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills. Our staff is equipped with the knowledge and technology to restore your property.
Act Fast! Call SERVPRO Chino/Chino Hills for Immediate Service
When water damage occurs an immediate response is needed.
We are dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in the Chino Valley. SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills provides 24-hour emergency service to residences and commercial properties so we can respond immediately to your emergency.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Our trained technicians can respond quickly to assess and begin remedying the damage.
Whether your home experiences flood damage or you discover a mold problem, you can depend on us. We respond immediately to assess your property and get to work. We can restore your home quickly so that you can continue living with minimal interruption. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look it's best.
When your commercial property is in need of cleaning or restoration services an instant response is important. Often every hour spent cleaning is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. We have the training and expertise to respond promptly.
Get back to business with SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills.
Learn more about our Commercial Services, click here.
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (909) 548-3191