Last-Minute Steps for Reducing Wildfire Damage to Your Home in Butterfield Ranch?
Every year wildfires cause damage to thousands of acres of land in California, and our local Chino/Chino Hills team wants everyone in Butterfield Ranch to take preventative steps to reduce damage to their home. If time allows, the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety offers these tips to reduce wildfire damage:
DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR HOME IGNITION ZONE
Remove combustible materials from the 0 to five feet zone around your home.
- Clear dead plants, weeds, grass, or any other combustible materials on and under your deck, and within five feet of your home
- Move flammable items on your deck and around your home, such as toys, patio furniture, door mats, and trash cans into your home or place them in your pool
- Move propane tanks used with barbecue grills away from home
- If you are evacuating, place the propane tank at the curb
- Remove weeds and other debris from the area around large stationary propane tanks (125 gallons water capacity or more) so there is no combustible material near the tank
- If you have a combustible fence that attaches to your home, secure the gate in an open position
- Also, clear vegetation and debris under and within one foot of the fence line in the area within five feet of your home.
Connect garden hoses to the spigots but do not leave sprinklers on. It can negatively affect water pressure. Leave buckets of water around your home.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Butterfield Ranch has a fire damage emergency, our Chino/Chino Hills team will restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 909-548-3191.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.