Fire Safety Tips for Los Serranos Trick-Or-Treaters?
Our teams in Chino/Chino Hills want everyone in Los Serranos to have a fun a s safe Halloween celebration this year. Here are some Halloween safety tips from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection:
Tips for Halloween night
- Use battery-powered lights - never use candles to light jack-o’-lanterns
- Instruct children to stay away from open flames
- Remove objects from the yard that present a hazard to children (garden tools, hoses, etc.)
- Be extremely careful with cornstalks and other harvest season items. Keep them away from sources of heat. Don’t let them block doorways or stairs.
- Do not allow children to carry sharp sticks or other objects that could cause injury to themselves or to others
- If you are driving on Halloween, take care…watch out for trick-or-treaters who will be too busy to watch out for you
- Closely inspect all candy before allowing children to eat it. Discard any unwrapped treats from a stranger. If in doubt, throw it out.
Tips for choosing the right costumes
- Purchase costumes made of flame-retardant material
- Keep hemlines short enough to prevent tripping and avoid loose, baggy sleeves, or billowing skirts
- To be seen easily, costumes should be made of a light color material
- Use glow-in-the-dark reflective tape on your costume
- Use make-up rather than masks, which could obstruct vision
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Los Serranos has fire damage, our Chino/Chino Hills team will restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 909-548-3191.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.