Christmas Tree Fire in Fairfield Ranch Park Home?
Our Chino/Chino Hills team wishes everyone in Fairfield Ranch Park happy holidays! According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), December is one of the nation’s peak months for home fires. Electrical problems cause almost one-third of home Christmas tree fires. Here are some Christmas tree safety tips from the NFPA:
PICKING THE TREE
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched
PLACING THE TREE
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2 inches from the base of the trunk
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, or lights
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
LIGHTING THE TREE
- Use lights that a qualified testing laboratory lists. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read the manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Fairfield Ranch Park home or business, our Chino/Chino Hills team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 909-548-3191.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.