California has seen devastating fire storms in the past couple of years and now that fire Season is upon us SERVPRO of Chino/Chino Hills would like to offer you all a few tips to help protect your homes in the event a wildfire sparks in your neighborhood.
- Keep your trees and shrubs pruned.
- Be sure your irrigation system is functioning properly.
- Clear dead and dying vegetation from your property.
- Clean your gutters.
- Do not keep firewood stacked too close to your home.
- Properly store flammable liquid.
- If requested by law enforcement to evacuate, leave your home. It is better to keep your family safe, than to get caught off guard.
- Keep your wallet or purse, keys, phone and power cords easily accessible to take on your way out the door.
- Make sure your family has an escape route that includes a meeting place in the event the family gets separated.
Here’s wishing everyone a safe Fire Season!